Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Motivation

Hi guys! I'm back! I'm sorry I went MIA yet again. After I got fired, I was pretty upset about it and lost the motivation to write anymore. That is, until I got this wonderful comment from a reader:

"THANK YOU!

As a fellow employee of an adult store, I cannot express how grateful I am to know that other people witness this ridiculous behavior in gargantuan amounts. So aggravating, and yes it's almost ALWAYS from men. Not bashing them, by any means, but there are times that I wonder if the filter in their head turns off when they come through the door... Or, and let's hope not, if they're like this all the time.

Considering I work with all females, I have been asked several times if we use/test products on each other in the back room (our break-room and bathroom). I always get a little more irritated towards this question than any other. Maybe it's because I've been asked multiple times equally from men and women.

No, we do not have huge lesbian orgies when you're not here.
No, we don't go to the back and rub one out on break.
No, I will not model the lingerie you're going to buy for your lady. (We got asked that one a lot too)

Yes, there's a chance I will ask you to leave if you cannot control your boner. Coming in with loose sweatpants with (very obviously) no underwear on? Yes you're practically begging to be thrown out of the store. And we will make fun of you.
Yes, I maintain a professional status at work. I would love to help you find something that you will be pleased with. That's why I'm here.

No, I will not have sex with you. And no, that is not part of my job.

If you're trying to find a new toy similar to an old one that broke, please don't bring the old one with you. IT HAS BEEN USED, SO DON'T ASK ME TO TOUCH IT. That brings up a whole different set of experiences.

Yes, I wear a uniform. Yes, I am proud of where I work. No, I am not ashamed to wear my uniform when I have to make a quick grocery run before heading in for a shift. Please stop looking at me like I'm promiscuous.

Thank you, as all of these are so very true. Yet shouldn't be.

"So maybe next time you talk to us, you'll connect your tongue to your brain and realize that we're not sluts or easy; we're just having fun working at a sex shop."

Wonderful
Many thanks,
Morigan"

Thank you so much for your comment, Morigan. This was in regards to a post I wrote back in January about sex shop worker myths. I loved, love writing the blog but I think my motivation was lost after my experiences with work. But why let a douchebag boss prevent me from entertaining you guys with more stories and advice?
I still have a few more to go, so again, I will start writing once more. Looking forward to penning about ridiculous customers. Aaand Fetish Friday is only two days away! Yay! :D

Love you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment