Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mom's Visit

As I mentioned last Thursday, my mom came to visit San Diego a few weeks ago. I'm very lucky, my mom's pretty amazing, and she has always been very supportive of whatever I'm doing. I've mentioned before, that I've had awkward interactions with family members when it comes to my job. Thankfully, my mom has a good sense of humor and finds my job amusing, at times, especially when she comes to visit. So here are a few instances of funny experiences my mom had with my store.
  • The first time she came by to visit the store, I was a little busy with customers so I told her to just walk around and see what she can find. Once I was done ringing customers up, I see that she slowly made her way back up to where I was, pretty expressionless. When I asked her what her initial reaction of the store was, she said "What do people need so many penises for?"
  • On another day, when she came in, she wanted to look around again to see what else she could find. I guess we have something for everyone, because my mom is obsessed with hippopotamuses. What did she find? A hippopotamus vibrator. The thing is, this thing doesn't even look like a vibrator. Of course it cracked her up, but I think a little piece of her died that day. Poor, cute, little hippo.
  • Ok, so I obviously have quite a few toys if I work at a sex shop. Thankfully, toys have become more and more discreet, so it's easier to feel less ashamed about purchasing a toy. However, it is also a hindrance because other people won't know what it is and touch it. I had just purchased one of Pipedream's 3-speed bullets (which are amazing by the way), and I was keeping it in my makeup bag (you never know when you'll need it). During one of my days off, my mom and I were getting ready to go shopping downtown and my mom asked to borrow some mascara. When she found my toy, she pulled it out and exclaimed, "What a gorgeous shade of lipstick! May I borrow some?" To my amusement, I let her know that that was not lipstick (thankfully it was still unused). It took her second to understand what it was, but once she realized it, the look on her face was pretty funny.
  • Finally, on the last day she was here, she came by to buy some stuff for her friend's birthday. Her friend has an amazing sense of humor so it was fun to look for something for her. Ultimately, we chose to get her a "lollicock". Last Thursday came around and I had to drop my mom off at the airport, unfortunately. Later that night, she told me that by the time she got to airport security, she had forgotten about the lollipop. The TSA noticed something irregular in her bag and had my mom open it so they could go through it. At this point, she remembered the gift and had to stand there while this woman went through her bag, only to retrieve a massive purple cock. At least the TSA woman was nice about it, and my mom went out with a bang.
I'm sad she had to leave so soon, but I'm glad we got to hang out as much as we did. Here's a picture of my mom and me being tourists at the Museum of Man. Shout out to Costa Rica! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment