Friday, December 28, 2012

Free White Wine

Good Morning! Sorry about missing out on yesterday, what with the holidays, I was feeling lazy. So, I will make up for it with two posts! Now I'm back and with it I have some white wine. One of my regular customers, who comes in to buy DVDs in bulk brought me some (don't worry, I checked. It was properly sealed). This guy is so funny. He is an older gentleman, probably in his 40s or 50s and is Mexican so greatly appreciates the fact that I speak Spanish. He always brings in presents whenever he comes, ranging from Mcdonald's to Swiss strawberry chocolate, and now white wine.

And since it is the season of excess, and this customer is included in this list, I will tell you about three other customers who have come in to buy excessively.
  1. So besides this last customer (we'll name him SeƱor DVDs), I had another customer who used to come in all the time for the latest releases. Every time he came in, he would buy at least 25 movies. Back then I thought that was insane, now, I realize, it was kid's play.
  2. Another regular we lost was an older woman, maybe in her early 50s, who loved to buy Whip-its. One weekend, she came in Friday, Saturday and Sunday and bought 50 Whip-its a day. I didn't know you could use 50 Whip-its in a week, let a alone a day! After that, I knew exactly what brand, price, and size she wanted when she came in.
  3. Finally, a man who referred to himself as Mr. TMI came in for the holidays to do some last minute shopping. This man was so nice and a bit insecure about himself, but he definitely lived up to his name. His wife had recently left him for his best friend, so he decided to do a 180. He quit his job at a company he started to work a part time job, moved into the neighborhood my store is in, and started seeing a former flame from his high school days. So as Christmas came along, so did he. He walked around the store telling me his story and piling the counter with presents for his kids (we also are a novelty store), himself and his lady friend. Total amount for 5 people? $650

No comments:

Post a Comment