Thursday, January 17, 2013

Scary Bums

Bums aren't all fun and games. Sometimes, I do have a lot of scary uncomfortable encounters with vagrants that I would prefer not to have. Here are two instances of that:
  1. I used to open the shop early. I would get in at 10:30, have everything ready and open at 10:45. This was back when my boss was never at work which is very frustrating, but whatever. I would be alone in the morning, it shouldn't be too bad. One morning, after I opened a tall imposing guy about my age came in and went straight for the DVD room. We have security cameras everywhere and I can see them from where I sit. As I look up into the cameras, I see this guy stuff a magazine pack down his pants. I confronted him about it and although he tried to fool and lie to me, I told him I caught him red-handed. He would either have to hand me the magazine or I would call the cops. He got upset, gave me the magazine but took a couple steps toward me in an aggressive way and I got the hell out of the DVD room. As he was leaving, I called the cops right away. Nothing could be done since he left. For the next week, he stalked the store, would check to see when I was working, and was finally caught. He had several of our DVDs in his jacket pockets. The cops took him away for a while but he was never charged because our cameras didn't record him stealing anything. So, for a while I was very scared that this guy would come back and do something out of anger. Thankfully, he hasn't come back for a while.
  2. Another guy that comes in often is a man named Steve. He seemed very shy and polite when he first started coming in, but now he just makes me incredibly nervous. All he talks about is how older women adore him and want to fuck him, recessive and dominant genes in Mexicans, and how he knows Slayer and would have joined the band, but they weren't ready for him. The ramblings just used to be annoying, but now he stalks me every time at work, and I found out that he lives right by Ariana. She told me he has been to jail for something violence-related and that he has been aggressive towards her and her brothers. So for now I just always act like I'm extremely busy with work any time he comes in. Hopefully he'll take a hint and move on.
But enough about depressing posts. Hopefully you get to read my funnier post about my encounters with bums here. :)

1 comment: