Friday, March 22, 2013

Fetish Friday: Frotteurism

For today's Fetish Friday I wanted to talk about people who love to call in and masturbate to unsuspecting parties, in honor of our Beat-off Bandits, but I couldn't find the proper name for it. I did find another fetish that does involve oblivious victims, and it's pretty common. So common that I'm pretty sure you've encountered it once or twice if you've ever ridden on public transportation or go out to a club.

Today's Fetish: Frotteurism

Frotteurism is the fetish of rubbing up on non-consensual people. Originally named frottage, the term comes from the French word frotter, which means to rub. The word was coined by Austro-German psychiatrist, Richard von Krafft-Ebing, in his 1886 study on sexual psychology, titled Psychopathia Sexualis. Presently, the term frottage is used for consensual rubbing, or as the kids call it, "dry humping".
The most common incidences of frotteurism involve men rubbing women with their erect penises and/or pelvises, but some cases show women on women, or men on men. There's no age limit on this thing either, since psychologists have also found this fetish among young childrenStudies have shown that many frotteurs also indulge in other kinds of paraphilic behavior such as exhibitionism and voyeurism, and attribute this fetish to two theories:
  1. Social Incompetence: Pretty much anyone who is extremely socially awkward, including people with severe shyness, mental retardation, or other psychological road blocks that impede forming normal human relationships.
  2. Sex Drive: Some people just get so horny they can't control their sex drive and have to get off somehow.
Since frotteurs get off by bumping their uglies on people without them knowing, these silent sexual deviants can often be found in crowded places such as buses, trolleys, subways, and night clubs. Apparently it's so bad in Japan, where I imagine is the Mecca of crotch rubbing (so many schoolgirls to choose from!), that some subways offer women-only cars during certain rush hours. Unlike your typical douchebags trying to finger-fuck you on your way from the dance floor to the bar, frotteurs don't want you to know who they are, so they'll typically be pretty sneaky about how they touch you.
Just like any other fetish, you can find all sorts of pages dedicated to it, like videoserotic literature, and blogs, although that last one is written from the P.O.V. of the victim. I will admit, this is the first fetish I've seen that requires a P.S.A. It's also the first one I've written about where the recipient is referred to as a victim, and I don't plan on writing anymore like them. I like writing about consensual fantasies, but this seemed interesting enough to share, and it's funny to read comedy sites spoof it.
As a bus rider myself (hopefully not for long), I've encountered these guys way too much. Technically they aren't hurting anyone, but the idea of them trying to put their man meat on my shoulder is enough to make a girl start jogging to work. So fellas, if you feel lonely enough that you have to rub up on a girl on her way to the grocery store, come visit me at work instead; I can get you a great deal on a pocket pussy or blow up doll. You can even take it on the bus and grind on it there; I'm sure she'll love it. Just leave the ladies alone, ok? Isn't it bad enough we're taking public transportation?
That wraps it up for Fetish Friday, so, go get your kink on? (please don't)

For some reason, the video didn't want to load, but here's the link.
I don't know what the hell is going on, but I typed "Frotteurism" and that's what I got.
You're welcome






No comments:

Post a Comment